Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I recently moved my DSR 305 from our living room to our bedroom, hooked it back up and now I can't get every channel. I am missing TSN, The Score amongst other channels. I hooked up my other receiver in the bedroom and have no problems with 83% signal but the signal strength on 305 is only 35-40%. Also, with that low of a signal strength I shouldn't be able to receive any channels but I do and the ones I do get work flawlessly. Any suggestions? I will probably end up phoning SC but I phoned tonight and was surprised with a wait time of 63 minutes, so, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
What is the signal strength on the channels you can't receive? The signal strength varies between transponders.

This sounds like cable problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 0 signal strength on the channels I can't recieve. One of my buddies said it could be something to do frequency of signal and the LNBF I am using? Could this be something to do with it? I just don't understand because it was working fine until I moved it. I tried back in my where I originally had it and I have the same problem there now too. It must be something to do with the receiver

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Hold down the power button for 10+ seconds and the receiver should reboot.
Doesn't work for a legacy receiver.

Sounds like you might want to try a factory reset (though you'll need to call Star Choice to have them send a hit to your receiver). I believe it's Options 6-7-7-8-6 to do a factory reset on legacy receivers.

Best to call Star Choice early morning, or late at night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts