Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not sure if this is the correct section to post for this problem? please move if incorrect.

Just purchased a Plama HDTV, connections from STB to TV were component, with an optical cable from STB to AV receiver for 5.1l sound and everything worked perfectly. Since changing to an HDMI connection I cannot receive 5.1 sound anymore to the AV receiver. I disconnected the HDMI and switched back to component and that won't work now. Everything was perfect originally so I'm somewhat puzzled. Thanks.

TV LG42PJ550

STB Pace DC551P

AV receiver Panasonic SA-HE70

I have double checked all connections, spoke to technical support at videotron and they confirmed STB was working correctly, so the only thing I can think of is that it may be a problem with the AV receiver.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Problem solved after all that.
Actually the videotron tech guy did put me on the right track, when we checked the audio settings on the set top box it said HDMI and that's ok. I had another look later and realised you could go in and change the audio to Dolby Digital. The HDMI cable had automatically switched that setting. It may help someone else with the same problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts