Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone on Burlington/Oakville Cogeco lost FM signals?
I've have been set up with a split cable going into the attenna connection at the back of my receiver for years. Then the other day I turn it on and poof, nothing but static. The same line going into the HD box is fine for TV signals, I have tried replacing the coaixle connection cable, even taking the cable right from the wall directly and still nothing. I can still a get a couple of local stations with no antenna, so the tuner must be ok.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
We don't have the receiver hooked up to the cable for FM, but I've noticed that many of the Toronto stations are now appearing just below the Galaxie / Maxtrax music channels on our STB's. Try on your digital box 298-290 and you should get some of the major Toronto FM stations there now. Being in Hamilton, It would be really nice of our local market was there too....

Cameron

·
Registered
211 Posts
FM is gone in Oakville as well. Analog TV channels have shown up on 95, 96 and 97, which are located in the FM band. Hence, why there's no more cable FM.

They've added a few radio stations between 288 and 298 as CamDAB noted.

·
Registered
26 Posts
In the mid 90's, when Western Coaxial was in fergus before Cogeco, the same thing happened, all the FM was gone...turns out the modulator broke down and all the stations had shifted up by 0.1 MHz just enough not to be picked up by the digital tuners. Analog FM tuners were fine, you had to move it around a bit (remember 680 CFTR in Stereo)...but digital was dead for almost a year...example, 98.3 would show up at 98.4, and so on...since north american FM is odd (european is even - go figure), the FM was lost...I even went to their head office in Hamilton to explain what was happening to them, and they realized the problem but took almost a year to repair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts