Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me experiencing this, since last week, I been losing signal to all digital and analog channels.
The analog channels will be all mixed up channel 9 became channel 21 and so forth and the video was mute and grey. or it's blacked out
All digital channels all say wait a moment
It's been going on this week as well
What's going on with Shaw?

Im in the Vancouver downtown area

·
Registered
195 Posts
sounds to me like your digital box might be assigned to the wrong area (channel map). if you pm me your details I can look into it further for you.

cheers,

Sean
Shaw Customer Care -Social Media

·
Registered
82 Posts
I didn't have this problem until today a bit after 3pm. All my boxes have lost signals.

I'm in the White Rock area.

·
Registered
195 Posts
@hotwax: are you other services working? is it just your cable that's out?

·
Registered
473 Posts
I believe that it is part of the problems Shaw has had with re-assigning the HD channels to new numbers. My sister had Shaw in for her box for other reasons, and found that the system was up and down several times, and when I got home I found my box was dead for a while, but it is up now. Remember your channels are on different numbers now (at least half the HD ones are).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what do you mean wrong channel map?
The reason I'm still sticking with analog and not going all digital, is because of the on going problem with the digital channels. Since Sept 2007 I've been experiencing audio and video dropouts, called several times, had a tech come out, tells me everything is fine on my end. The common response I get is "we're working on it"
It's been getting really really bad since Aug, the problem goes on for hours. Then everything is fine for the rest of the night. Then it begins all over again in the morning.
Does that mean the engineers at shaw are messing around with the signal?

·
Registered
195 Posts
@chumchum: means the dct might be assigned to another city that has a different channel lineup than the one he's in which will cause what he's explaining.

As for the problems you're having with audio/video drops, pm me the ph# on your account and I'll see what's going on.

@hotwax: Are you still having problems? issue might have been caused due to the HD channel changes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I heard from a friend of mine, that because of the channels being moved, it caused a major outage.
Is that true sean?
I'm still having problems, when will this issue be resolved?

·
Registered
195 Posts
@chumchum: Just pm me the ph# on your account and i'll investigate the issue further.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I didn't have this problem until today a bit after 3pm. All my boxes have lost signals.

I'm in the White Rock area.
I'm in the White Rock area also and my signal died at 1pm but didn't come back until
after 5pm. The box showed "signal lost will be aquired shortly....blah blah blah".
About 4:30pm I got a service rep on Chat. He said they were aware of the outage and
were working on it. He did say I could bypass the box and I would have basic analog
cable. I had to go out so never tried it.

Ken

·
Registered
9 Posts
I lost signal just a few minutes ago. The screen went blue and a message said low signal. I think in my case, the signal coming into the house is too low since some channels won't pick up at all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same here, I have 2 same boxes (may be different version) at home. After Sept 03, one is working perfectly fine and the other is not working :confused:. The non-working one only has ch64 to ch68, and the other channels are showing "blah blah order info .... blah". I use the online chat (great tool) at Shaw and they re-active the box. Then, all channels have no sounds and pics :rolleyes:. Now, the non-working box only has ch2 :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts