Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cabinet with a 50" opening in which I am looking to hang a TV. It is for a family room with a large window on the Western Wall (TV will be on the south wall, couch on the North wall).
I will not be doing much gaming on it and I am not particularly interested in 3D.
I would like full connectivity.
I have been looking at the Samsung PN51D6500 but I am wary of Plasma in the family room and might prefer LED. The 55" Samsung LED might be a fraction too big in the space.
Would like to keep the budget under CDN$2K. I am in Toronto.

Any thoughts?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
If size is your criteria then check out all the manufacturers websites looking for sets that fit.

Once you have found a few, post your results and we can give you some feedback. Can't do your homework for you!

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I was in a similar situation a while back. I looked through manufacturer web sites for major brand sets that would fit and made the choice from there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the input. Size is not the criteria, but it is a limiting factor. In the 50" Plasma, there seem to be quite a few options re the cabinet dimensions. In the LED space, it looks like many of the manuf. jump from 46 - 47" to 55" in screen size with the width being a fraction over or under 50".
I am a little concerned about the large window in the family room re Plasma so I am trying to find 50"+ LED models that have a width that will fit in the 50" cabinet.
I will do some more looking and post later.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a 50'' panasonic plasme awesome picture got it for 1600$ 2 yrs ago they have probably come down since then:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
One thing to consider... a Plasma screen outputs a lot more heat than a LCD. I would not put a Plasma inside a cabinet, especially if it is a tight fit with not much air circulation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts