Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a case to hold my HTPC. It is a MATX based system, the only problem I have is that my PVR-150 card which I require is a full height PCI card.

I don't need a fancy case as the system will be behind a glass door and not really looked at or marveled over. I would be happy with just a simple desktop computer case. The cases I've looked at have mostly been SSF cases which are two short to hold the pvr-150 card. I've even considered grabbing a desktop case computer (IBM M41) from a local liquidator and gutting it, but I don't think the MB will line up properly (I could very much be wrong on this).

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good but inexpensive case that would work?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
The mount points on microATX (aka µATX, mATX or uATX) are a subset of those on an ATX motherboard and the I/O panel is identical, so it will fit in most ATX cases.

The µATX HTPC case I use is the nMedia HTPC-5000. It is a full height case, has room for a full ATX PSU and has 4 internal drive bays (plus one external for a DVD/Blue-ray drive).

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey roger1818 thanks for the idea. Those cases are nice looking and the price isn't to crazy either. Definately something to look into.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts