Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
go with a receiver that has true HDMI out. I just upgraded to the new PVR with HDMI and the picture quality is far supperior with HDMI compared to the DVI - HDMI conversion i was running before. Not to mention its a few connections less as with DVI their is no audio transmited so you need to run audio cables. I don't cheep out when it comes to cables so i know it wasnet a cabeling issue eather
My understanding of the specifications is there is no difference in Video signal quality between DVI and HDMI. So I'd surmise it was a (530) receiver issue. I do agree HDMI is a far simpler method to connect, but buying expensive cables won't really improve this digital connection. I go with V1.3 and shorter is better than longer. ;)

I'd still go for the 630 for now as it "future proofs" you somewhat with rumoured upgrades ShawDirect is planing. If you want to wait a bit the 605 is supposedly due out in November without PVR capability. ;)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.