Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe they have had illuminated devices in the past, but this one appears to be a significant step up

·
Registered
982 Posts
I've had the original Logitech G15 illuminated keyboard for a few years. It's great, but some of the paint is wearing off my gaming keys. The newer version doesn't seem to have an LCD display which is disappointing.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
marc said:
I've had the original Logitech G15 illuminated keyboard for a few years. It's great, but some of the paint is wearing off my gaming keys. The newer version doesn't seem to have an LCD display which is disappointing.
The G15 v2 does have an LCD, it's just integrated into the keyboard instead of on a flip-up hinge, and glows orange (like the backlit keys as well). It's also significantly smaller than the G15 v1 since it only has 6 macro keys on the left side instead of 18.

The G11 has blue backlit keys like the G15 but doesn't have the LCD.

I do have to wonder why the heck the new Illuminated Keyboard is so expensive -- considering I can get the G15 v2 for $70 Canadian.

·
Registered
73 Posts
PS3 compatible?

No Bluetooth...would have been perfect for the PS3.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Maybe the lack of an illuminated keyboard over the years might have been due to the power requirements. A typical USB port will only deliver a maximum of 2.5 watts of power (5 volts, ½ amp). Even with the availability of low powered light sources, it may have taken them a while to get the thing running properly with so little power.

Hopefully Logitech is already working on a Bluetooth version. I could definitely use one with my front projection system, especially since the room can get pretty dark at times. But for those with wired setups, this could definitely become a useful tool for those late nights sessions.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I'd expect them to release a version of the diNovo Edge keyboard with backlit keys (I honestly can't see it requiring that much more power than their current version). The diNovo Edge is a Bluetooth keyboard.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The MS Entertainment Desktop 8000 has bluetooth and back light and has been out for quite some time now. I was looking for a good back lit wireless and the options are indeed very limited.

I ended up buying the MS desktop 7000 (almost same thing - no backlight), and it's an awesome keyboard!

Definitly like the logitech one's looks though...

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
What's wrong with glow-in-the dark key legends (or keytops if easier) for wireless KBs? No power hit. Yes, I know the thread KB isn't wireless, but wired KB in MY (dark) HT room isn't a practical option.

Based on wired KB prices, about $7 up, it has to be a hell of a KB and key lighting system to be worth $70+ more IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts