Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just switched from rogers to bell fibe, tried setting up my harmony one with the cable box, couldn't find the model so it apparently added a similar one, when i went to the IR thing to transfer the commands over it wouldn't recognize the remote that came from bell. Help would be appreciated. Apparently there shouldn't be a problem with this model.

·
Super Moderator
56,462 Posts
If you configure it properly (select the correct device), there should be no need to do the "head to head" learning process - the Harmony should simply work with that device. When doing the head to head learning you must follow the instructions carefully regarding spacing between remotes, not pressing a button for too long, etc. After a few button presses, the Harmony should recognize the other remote, but again, that should not be necessary since the device is in the list.

Does the VIP1232 have an option for changing the IR address? If so, change it back to the default. Try a reboot of the STB too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tried using another remote, it worked. but now i'm running into another problem. After i complete settting up the IR commands it doesn't seem to save them. it says i still need to set up this device, even though i just did.

I always had to use the the IR learning function. maybe i'm adding it in wrong?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Back to basics, as you something seems to be wrong with your approach.

In the software, select Devices, specify the manufacturer, model, answer some questions and save the results. Then connect the remote and download the changes. You can now test the remote to confirm that it works. Verification that all the commands are available can either be done in the software or on the remote. Only then would you need to use the IR learning function.

When the Device is correctly setup you should then go about defining Activities that combine the various device combinations, e.g., Watch TV which uses the set top box, AVR, and TV.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Just a thought...

You had one set top box defined.

You added another.

Within your "activities", have you REMOVED the old set top box?

If you're not careful, it may look like it's there in the pictorials but the old STB is being addressed.

Cameron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts