Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if this will work with fibreop TV? I would love to be able to use voice commands to access Netflix, change channels, volume, etc...

·
Super Moderator
16,687 Posts
This should work. I've set up a regular Harmony for someone using MTS TV, which uses the same software as Fibe and FibreOp TV. All of the simple tasks like volume, pause, changing to a channel number etc. should work no problem, but changing to a specific channel name would require you to set up that channel as a favorite on the Harmony.
"Alexa, turn on the Discovery Channel"
Directly jump to your Favourite TV shows with one request, regardless of if your TV is on, off, or if you're in a different Activity.
You could set up the Netflix channel number as one of your favorites, so that should work as well. Here's a useful link.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-ca/harmony-experience-with-amazon-alexa

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes it worked fine with Basic Firestick until I installed the new 4K Firestick. For some reason the Alexa Echo will not connect with the Harmony Hub but Alexa on the 4K will as does the Logitech remote. Have followed all instructions available on their sites. Not a big problem but sort of an interesting one. Incidentally the 4K is faster and has more capabilities but really not worth the price since the upgrade to the basic firestick....just thought should have one for future upgrades to television and wider availability of 4K broadcasts and the holiday price point was good. Little boys always want new toys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts