Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today at the Consumer Electronics Show, Logitech introduced the Harmony 1100 universal remote control, delivering home-entertainment control through a customizable, 3.5-inch full-color touch screen.

Using the new Harmony software, users can select the commands they use most and put those features on the screen. For example, If you love to watch movies and are always using the Play and Pause buttons, you can tell the Harmony 1100 to make those commands immediately available on the screen once you start your movie.

In addition to the customizable touch screen, the Harmony 1100 offers tactile guides, which are located around the touch screen and help position your fingers so that you choose the right command. The brushed-black aluminum top case and soft-touch bottom case make it comfortable to hold – as well as a stylish complement to your living room. And the Harmony 1100 is rechargeable, so you never have to replace the batteries.

The Harmony 1100 is expected to be available in the U.S. and Europe beginning in February for a suggested retail price of $499.99 (U.S.).

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just looked at it on Logitech's website. That is exactly what was missing on the 1000. I may have to upgrade after having a play around with it once it hits stores. The 1000 is nice but this just ups the ante. Thanks for the info Hugh.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just looked at it on Logitech's website. That is exactly what was missing on the 1000. I may have to upgrade after having a play around with it once it hits stores. The 1000 is nice but this just ups the ante. Thanks for the info Hugh.
arcanum,
after testing this remote for a few months i have to say that i like the 1100 much better than the 1000. note though that the 1100 does not support sequences like the 1000 does. i do not know why logi marketing decided to cut this feature from the new remote, but if you do use them on the 1000 you might be disappointed when they don't show up on the 1100.
,r

·
Registered
35 Posts
What have been the price ranges on these remotes since they were introduced , im in Canada and wonderdering what a good deal on one of these 1100's might be . thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts