Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had Installer come during new house rough in and he put dish on roof and ran 4 lines to my server rack and left me a box with I believe an SW44. How do I determine now what lines are connected to what LNB etc.. I have a 9241 and a standard HD reciever to connect

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Connect all 4 at the Dish/LNBF's, then using the Single Tuner Receiver, connect to each line in turn to identify 91 & 82, via MENU, 6, 1, 1.

Once you know the 2 x 91's, connect them to inputs 1a & 1b of the SW44, repeat for 82 lines, onto 2a & 2b. Then ensure Power Inserter is connected to Output Port #1.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The 3100 will NOT see all transponders on 82, the 6131 will.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok the 6131 worked great for identification, once I realized I had to change to specific transponders to see signal. I hooked both 91s to 1a and 1b, both 82s to 2a and 2b, Power inserter into output 1 then from power inserter to sat 1 input on 9242. Then from output 2 on switch to input 2 on 9242. Did a check switch and it seemed to be ok but gave me error about SW21. I left it on downloading guide before coming to work and will check it when I get home for lunch.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
It could be that if you have done a few "Check Switch"'s, the receiver is now confused.....lol

To reset back to default, remove BOTH Inputs from the 9242, run the "Check Switch", after it fails, re-connect the Inputs and run once again. Hopefully that will clear its' head and then correct the error.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts