Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had Installer come during new house rough in and he put dish on roof and ran 4 lines to my server rack and left me a box with I believe an SW44. How do I determine now what lines are connected to what LNB etc.. I have a 9241 and a standard HD reciever to connect

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Connect all 4 at the Dish/LNBF's, then using the Single Tuner Receiver, connect to each line in turn to identify 91 & 82, via MENU, 6, 1, 1.

Once you know the 2 x 91's, connect them to inputs 1a & 1b of the SW44, repeat for 82 lines, onto 2a & 2b. Then ensure Power Inserter is connected to Output Port #1.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Someone else mentioned this to me as well but indicated only the 3100 would give you that info. Will try it tonight with my single tuner 6131 and see what happens.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The 3100 will NOT see all transponders on 82, the 6131 will.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok the 6131 worked great for identification, once I realized I had to change to specific transponders to see signal. I hooked both 91s to 1a and 1b, both 82s to 2a and 2b, Power inserter into output 1 then from power inserter to sat 1 input on 9242. Then from output 2 on switch to input 2 on 9242. Did a check switch and it seemed to be ok but gave me error about SW21. I left it on downloading guide before coming to work and will check it when I get home for lunch.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
It could be that if you have done a few "Check Switch"'s, the receiver is now confused.....lol

To reset back to default, remove BOTH Inputs from the 9242, run the "Check Switch", after it fails, re-connect the Inputs and run once again. Hopefully that will clear its' head and then correct the error.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts