Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From press release:

TORONTO, July 8 /CNW/ - And that's the kind of day it's been: Lloyd Robertson will vacate his anchor chair at CTV News in 2011, the veteran anchor announced on tonight's broadcast of CTV NATIONAL NEWS WITH LLOYD ROBERTSON. North America's longest-serving network news anchor, Robertson will continue at the anchor chair through the middle of next year, making it 35 years as host of CTV NATIONAL NEWS, before moving on to other roles within CTV News.

"There comes a time and this is it! I want to leave a suitable period for my successor to have a smooth and seamless transition," said Robertson. "While I'll be hoisting anchor next year, I'll be continuing at CTV for some time."

Although Robertson will step down from the CTV anchor desk, he will continue to be seen on the network post-2011 in a variety of roles, including as co-host of current affairs series W5.

Robertson will share anchor duties with his successor and immediate backup throughout the following 12 months. The new CTV News Chief Anchor will be announced tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
4,487 Posts
I'm thinking Tom Clark will be his replacement.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
At least she will only be reading the news... her olympic coverage was horrible - I think making stuff up on the fly isn't her strong suit.

·
Registered
259 Posts
CTV News..Where we try and scare the crap out of middle class squares each and every newscast.

Lloyd ..stayed just long enough to ensure Sandi didn't get the job, despite her 4,000 hair style change in an attempt to look youthful.

LaFlamme gets the gig. Must be her embarrasing Olympic coverage that secured her the anchor desk?

Ok, enough snark from me. Lloyd used to be pretty good before the age of infotainment. But the nightly newscasts are no longer of much importance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts