Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to buy my first ebook last week (Stephen Hawking's The Grand Design) and I've come to find that the Apple bookstore is not nearly the juggernaut that iTunes is. In fact, the selection is quite dismal.

I see, though, that I can buy my selection from Amazon. Any opinions from anyone on the Kindle app for iPad?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Love it.

Went through Girl Who Played with Fire, and into Girl Who Kicked Hornet's Nest now. Looked for both on iBooks, but nada.

The only bonus for iBooks is the brightness adjuster built into the app.

·
Registered
6,338 Posts
I think the Kindle app for the iPad is excellent and I have read several books on it. I also have a Kindle2 and you can download the books you buy from Amazon to both devices and it will even sync your bookmarks.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
i'd dearly love to be able to sync bookmarks between my ipod and archos tablet (android)

as it is, in general i just tend to stop at a chapter break, and remember it

but syncing would be the bees knees

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
I have the Kindle App and Kobo app and iBook on the iPad.

Overall, I am most pleased with the Kobo app. I have also found some prices cheaper on Kobo but your results may vary. The Apple bookstore always seems to be the most expensive so I don't even bother checking there anymore.

Personally, I would recommend standardizing on Kobo or Kindle. That way if you get a standalone device, you will be able to read your purchases on both devices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts