Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been using our iPad to watch television for the past year or so. We originally bought an adapter from BestBuy, and it worked great, but the wire got bent too often, so it broke the connection. When we bought a new one we ordered from Amazon and found one that was significantly cheaper, and got it in just three days as opposed to a week. Now we are trying to use it like the other one but the iPad is asking if we want to "trust this computer", and it wants us to scan a QRL on the TV screen to allow it permission to work. Also, the paper included (instructions for such a simple product?) says that "due to intellectual property issues in this product" it won't even support all of the streaming channels that we watch. (It was made in China, but I think my iPad was, too.) Should I even try to connect? Will this thing steal my private information if I trust it and try to mirror to my TV? Will it even work?

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
what is the model of this adapter? some do mirroring, some do casting/streaming, so its best to determine the difference

1 - 3 of 3 Posts