Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just acquired a refurb Shine Plus from eBay.
Love it and loaded with apps.
I was a BB fanboy before, but really wanted to try Android and Touch Screen.
Was afraid to give up hardware QWERTY keyboard.
Still getting used to it.

So every now and again, the response from the touch screen seems to stop or wait now and again.
A lot like MS XP did after some specific KB would just send all releases even Win 7 to sleep for a while.

Unless it's my clumsy fingers or not used to side button locations, it seems like it just throws up different screens at will.

Is this just me or have others observed this?

I wonder if it's because it's loaded with a boatload of apps?

Or is the processor under powered to heavily multitask?

Or this this just the state of Android 2.1 and the promised updates the 2.3 should smarten it up a bit?

Would appreciate some feedback as I'm getting ready to flog my mint BB Bold on eBay.

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
I'm not entirely sure what you're describing. The Shine Plus is a mid-range phone, so don't expect much heavy multitasking from it. Remember that pressing home doesn't usually close an app, it just runs in the background. If it doesn't have a close option in its menu then you have to hit back until you back out of the app completely.

Be careful that you're not touching the edge of the screen with the side of your fingers on the hand holding the screen. I do that sometimes on my phone when I don't have it in its silicone case.

You should notice a significant performance boost from Eclair to Froyo, though Eclair is far from unusable.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It almost like it either doesn't recognize my finger touch on the screen.

I have to tap it repeatedly.

Not sure if it's an intermittent sensitivity problem or the processor is too busy to respond when I make the touch.

Does just having a ton of apps installed cause a performance hit, or only when many are open and running in the background?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts