Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

141 - 160 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
outtarice said:
Here you go guys,
Thanks to mistersafety for sending me the file.

firmware 60223B_NT:

nacivt.com/LG_HDR_UPDATE.zip

Like before, please don't abuse, I have limited bandwidth.
I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but from previous info, the 4:11 bug have been fixed since firmware 60126A.
Well, outtarice beat me to it, but if anyone has any problems with his site, here is a mirror:

http://www.mlxpro.com/misc/LG_HDR_UPDATE.004

I won't be leaving this up for more than a couple weeks, so get it while it's hot! BTW, there are instructions on how to burn this to a CD and update the firmware earlier in this thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the updates.:p

I just ran a quick test, before when I was watching something I was recording there was a glitch in the audio at 4:11 and 41:41, now it's gone!

That's a good sign.

Thanks again

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks everybody for the new firmware (60223B_NT). I installed it today. Now to fill up my hard drive and see what happens. I hope we all have better luck with this version. I’ll let you guys know if I have any trouble. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Burning new firmware

I've tried the following steps in burning a cdr-r disk:

Nero
1 Select make CD-ROM (ISO mode)
2 Check it is set to "no multisession"
3 ISO mode should not be changed
4 Label should be set to RH7000_UP
5 Then choose new
6 Choose update file LG_HDR_UPDATE.004
7 Click Burn, Write and Finalize, Write method - Disc-at-once should be used.

1. First of all, turn on the DVD player and then insert the disk in the player.
2 Push HOME button and select DISK and MUSIC
3. Following the onscreen instructions, Push REC button 3 times
4. A screen will appear telling you your current firmware version, and asking you to confirm update,
Push REC to confirm, it reads push "RECKEY" onscreen which may be confusing to some.
5. A progress bar appears, it takes about 4 mins.
6. When complete, SWITCH OFF and then back on.

When I get to #2 and select music, the screen says no music file...yes
and cannot continue...I then lose the option of selecting music from the disc menu and have to reinsert the cd.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
This may sound silly, but are you using a CD-R? You must use a CD-R, not a DVD-R. Your firmware upgrade disk must be a CD-R, with RH7000_UP for a label. It must contain the file LG_HDR_UPDATE.004. The LG_HDR_UPDATE.004 file is the 60223B_NT firmware file that you downloaded from outtarice or from Hothersale. The CD-R must be finalized.

Here are the instructions I found for doing a firmware upgrade:

The software has to be burned on a CD-R in order to install it:

Nero
1 Select make CD-ROM (ISO mode)
2 Check it is set to "no multisession"
3 ISO mode should not be changed
4 Label should be set to RH7000_UP
5 Then choose new
6 Choose update file LG_HDR_UPDATE.004
7 Click Burn, Write and Finalize, Write method - Disc-at-once should be used.

Update method:

1. First of all, turn on the DVD player and then insert the disk in the player.
2 Push HOME button and select DISK and MUSIC
3. Following the onscreen instructions, Push REC button 3 times
4. A screen will appear telling you your current firmware version, and asking you to confirm update,
Push REC to confirm, it reads push "RECKEY" onscreen which may be confusing to some.
5. A progress bar appears, it takes about 4 mins.
6. When complete, SWITCH OFF and then back on.

! Update with/to this firmware at Your OWN RISK !

! VERY IMPORTANT !
1) NEVER switch off the recorder during an update.
2) Wait for the update to finish successfully (when the Firmware-CD has been ejected after the update).
3) After the update has finished, please remember to switch the recorder off, and then on again - for the new firmware to load, and fixes to work.

Good Luck and let us know if you are successful. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
jeffneon said:
When I get to #2 and select music, the screen says no music file...yes and cannot continue...I then lose the option of selecting music from the disc menu and have to reinsert the cd.

Any suggestions?
Don't select Music. Select Movie -- at leat that's what I did, and it worked fine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm glad your upgrade went OK. I selected Music with no problem.
My hard drive is now over 3/4 full with no sign of trouble. I'm going to fill it right up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks!

I just joined the forum to thank everyone who made it possible to finally get rid of the audio sync/4:11 problem on my LRH-539. I installed the latest firmware earlier this week, filled up my hard disk (95%), recorded (direct and timer) and everything is great.
I can't believe when I called LG they tolm me that a 1-2 sec delay was normal!!!
Now if I only could fast forward .avi, or not have to turn off the recorder for timer recording... I just hate the hoops you have to go through if timer recording has started and you want to start watching that show in time delay. On my Sony DVD recorder (no hard disk though!), I just select "chasing playback" while it's recording and it's done. On the LG, you kind of have to wait for a good time to turn it off (i.e. commercial) because it takes about a minute to turn back on, then press record, then start watching the first part, then stop recording again (to watch the second part), start a new recording, and so on until you've watched the whole show in parts!
Too bad, because this is such a great recorder otherwise (with the audio sync fixed).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Could you always do this before?

I noticed that I can record to the hard drive and simultaneously play back a different title from the hard drive. Is this new functionality, or am I just late to the show? ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Finalizing a Dual Layer DVD

I have a ZRH-516 which I am trying to finalize a dual layer DVD as this player is supposed to record to dual layer disks. I can dub what is on the HDD to the dual layer disk, however when I go to finalize the disk it freezes after 0m 0s. I left it for over 30min and still no change. The only way to get out of the freezing mode is to shut off the player and turn it back on again. I can only watch the dual layer dvd on the Zenith Player but not on any other player or even on a PC. Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Always had trouble with formatting rw disks

Once I use an rw disk on my pc with regular data I can't ever seem to get it to format on this PVR, i get to the 0min0 sec and nothing. I tried to format it on the PC first too and same effect.

Anyone had success with RW drives formatting after being used on a pc ??? different formatting program perhaps if it exists.

Using win xp pro BTW if that helps and latest FW on the PVR thanks to this board for that too !!!

I would also still like to be able to stop a timer recording without turning it off and be able to watch a show while timer recording is on not just normal manual record.

Also someone else mentioned while timeshift is on I don't need to see the display for it every time I press a button, I know it is on I don't need a reminder every time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Finalizing a Dual Layer DVD

Thanks for the reply, I think you misunderstood what media I am using. I'm trying to burn from the HDD to a DVD +R DL, not a RW.

This is because at SQ I can get 4 hours of play time on the dual layer DVD, unfortunately the recorder will not finalize the disk due to it freezing at the end of the finalization stage. I've tried twice. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
icu_nxtime said:
Also someone else mentioned while timeshift is on I don't need to see the display for it every time I press a button, I know it is on I don't need a reminder every time.
I too would LOVE to know if there is a way to hide that stupid icon in the lower left corner when in Timeshift mode. Anyone?

With regards to finalizing DL discs, I haven't tried DL yet, so no help there. Note that the ZRH-516 doesn't officially support DL, so you may be SOL. It would be interesting to hear if any LRH-539 owners have experienced the same thing.

141 - 160 of 234 Posts