Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I never really warmed up to Jay. I like when the host is a little more edgy and unpredictable. Conan fits the bill a little better, but my favourite was Letterman in his early days.

I guess Jay will have more time to spend with his vast car collection.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you believe the rumours he's being recruited by other Networks (and syndication).

I would love to see him in his current time slot with similiar ratings.

Having Conan fired during his first year would also be sweet.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Jimmy Fallon is taking Conan's slot.

This is the end of Tonite's dominance. Maybe they are going for a younger demographic but I don't see him holding the viewership.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I find Jimmy the best overall. I like just watching the first halves of the show: I flick from Jay to Jimmy to Connan. Good 1.5 hours of mostly monalogs and bits. I hope Jay doesn't go over to ABC and bump out Jimmy (who says he'll leave if that happens). If so I hope Jimmy gets a good time slot on FOX.

·
Registered
39 Posts
12:30 shows

IMHO, the better shows are on at 12:30 with Craig Ferguson and Conan O'Brien.

This time slot is a lot more forgiving and you can get away with a lot more.

Conan will likely suffer the same fate as David Letterman for the first while he is on at 11:30, in he will have to tone down the show. Letterman lost an awful lot of edge when he switched to the 11:30 slot which is too bad, because he is funnier than Jay Leno.

I think that NBC will keep tight control on Conan, making sure that he shifts into the "Oh dear god, do not offend anyone" role that network execs are aiming for these days. In all honesty, I would not be surprised to see the show fail...I am not sure how many of the writers, band, back-stage folks are going to want to move from New York to LA.

Should be interesting to see.

But hey, I prefer the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. That guy is a genius.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
But hey, I prefer the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. That guy is a genius.
Yeah, I have been warming up to him. He is really funny. Seems he can go off-script for as long as he wants. Until he goes hi-def, however, he will always be an also-ran in my household.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts