Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my youngest wants this game for his birthday next week but I'm reading there's a huge update for it as well. So, will there be a new CD or are these massive updates done via DL? I don't want to buy the current CD if there's an updated one coming out any day now.

Oh, yes... I'm aware it's a subscription deal before anyone feels like they have to warn me. LOL The boy will pay for it himself. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, found my answer. There will not be a new CD next week. The massive update with be DL from the net. :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Most online games will have a significant first update from retail via download. Every online game will patch you to the current version so that everyone is playing with the same version.

After that it depends on what they patch. "Massive" might refer to new features or quests, not to graphics. The former is more server side and the later would be client side to download. New areas would mean more to download for you as well.

As an FYI, you might end up downloading many Gigs of data, then the install time for the update, could be minutes to hours. You might want to take the game and install it, patch it, and get an account set up etc, then tell him it's ready to go ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts