Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Just coming back from Future Shop. Was looking for 50"-55" LED TV but Netflix enabled. Guy told me that I could take Sony Bravia for about 1800 bucks, buy USB WiFi key and watch Netflix (Canadian). I think he is not getting it. That won't give me Netflix access.
Can anybody suggest suitable TV? There are few Blueray players with it but I don't need Blueray player.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Greetings

The Western Digital Live Plus media boxes give access to netflix ... at somewhere in the $100 to $150 range ... and of course they are media players too.

regards

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for link Jake, just what I was looking for! Now I have to find TV in the stores.
Does it worth going for LED price difference? It's thinner, sure.

·
Super Moderator
11,128 Posts
I have not taken a serious look at LEDs as I have plasma. But LCD has certainly advanced since the CFL days.

·
Registered
390 Posts
From what I've read, LED's sport a much sharper/brighter picture and use far less power than a regular LCD. They have come way down in price. Regular LCD's have been criticized for their power consumption...

·
Registered
894 Posts
power consumption sold me on led. My power bill has dropped alot since I went to led. Since we pay about .20/kwh it makes a big difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts