Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

101 - 120 of 2633 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
phil1957ca said:
i was a very loyal bell customer since oct97,i think i was number243
funny how u can be so numb for 8 years.after last week when they shut off my sat at the cottage
I'm curious, why would they shut off the service? Is it because you had your cottage receiver attached to your house account? If that's the case then blame the CRTC. The cable companies complained that it was unfair to them that Bell Subs could have a receiver and dish at the cottage and the house in the city on the same account. So now, either all receivers have to be in the same place, or only one place is allowed to be active at any one time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I switched from ExpressVu to StarChoice in November. I had ExpressVu for 14 months or so…reasons why I changed

-Simsubs that sucked picture quality wise
-TSN simsubs when they are not an OTA station….I wanted NASCAR on NBC or Fox, not the crappy TSN version
-buggy equipment…I have Dish (southern subscriber) so I know to expect it, but my 3100 seemed to add the “local locals” in my guide for no reason, prompting a hard reboot
-various picture quality and audio…either it was quiet or my neighbor could hear it

The new pricing was the kicker…..Before that I had Locals, Sports & Mostly Music. I wanted to add the NHL Network because college hockey was on…they told me I needed to go to the new pricing if I made any changes.
Old Pricing-13.99+7.95+5.95+2.99=30.84..add 1.99 for NHL
New Pricing-25+5+5=35.00…add 2.50 for NHL

So for the same products, I would have lost 5 bucks

Reasons I like Starchoice
-much better picture
-sound is level on all channels
-TSN in basic package
-simsubs are there…but picture is better
-No TSN simsubs
-Basic package for $20 and it includes TSN

Only thing I miss is MuchMoreRetro…but I can survive without that

·
Registered
69 Posts
Tony M said:
I
The new pricing was the kicker…..Before that I had Locals, Sports & Mostly Music. I wanted to add the NHL Network because college hockey was on…they told me I needed to go to the new pricing if I made any changes.

You wouldn't have lost 5$ Remember that all the networks are included in the base, which use to cost an extra 6.95 on the old package, so you would actually be saving 1.95.

What I find truly amazing about people that complain about Bell, is they scream and yell over a few dollars and then go back to analog cable, then call three months later and ask to be transferred to the loyalty team so they can come back.

·
Banned
960 Posts
Volume

Tony M said:
I switched from ExpressVu to StarChoice in November. I had ExpressVu for 14 months or so…reasons why I changed

-Simsubs that sucked picture quality wise
-TSN simsubs when they are not an OTA station….I wanted NASCAR on NBC or Fox, not the crappy TSN version
-buggy equipment…I have Dish (southern subscriber) so I know to expect it, but my 3100 seemed to add the “local locals” in my guide for no reason, prompting a hard reboot
-various picture quality and audio…either it was quiet or my neighbor could hear it

Reasons I like Starchoice
-much better picture
-sound is level on all channels
-TSN in basic package
-simsubs are there…but picture is better
-No TSN simsubs
-Basic package for $20 and it includes TSN

Only thing I miss is MuchMoreRetro…but I can survive without that

Always wondered about the audio comparison with BEV and *choice? I am switching myself and have noticed that audio levels change from channel to channel. Does *choice have audio problems as well and why is this happening?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,896 Posts
EVUCSR- your logic escapes me. Yes, the US networks are now included. But Tony didn't want them. You might as well say it includes a free ball of ear wax; if the person doesn't need it, it's of no value.

Hugh said something in the first post of this thread:
hugh said:
Warning to All Bell ExpressVu CSR's. - Don't even bother.
I think what he was getting at was this: the previous thread turned into a flame war. Your last post was adding gasoline; hoping somebody would ignite it. It's one thing to be able to offer a solution to somebody complaining. But you didn't.

·
Registered
69 Posts
ken0042 said:
EVUCSR- your logic escapes me. Yes, the US networks are now included. But Tony didn't want them. You might as well say it includes a free ball of ear wax; if the person doesn't need it, it's of no value.

Hugh said something in the first post of this thread:

I think what he was getting at was this: the previous thread turned into a flame war. Your last post was adding gasoline; hoping somebody would ignite it. It's one thing to be able to offer a solution to somebody complaining. But you didn't.
I guess the next time I go buy a car, and they tell me the cost of the basic price is such and such, but includes air conditioning and power steering, I'll yell and scream and say that 5 years ago I got the car for this much, and I don't want a/c or power steering..

Business is progressive... can't please all the people all the time, so you try to please the majority of the people most of the time.

·
Registered
110 Posts
audio

trellaine said:
Always wondered about the audio comparison with BEV and *choice? I am switching myself and have noticed that audio levels change from channel to channel. Does *choice have audio problems as well and why is this happening?

Thanks
I have alot of audio level changes on my 6100, had the same type of thing only a couple of times on the 500 and never ever on the 401.
mightymike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bell sucks plain and simple.before i'd go back to them you'd see me walking around with a dish on my head and coax sticking out my a$$...But i'm not bitter

·
Registered
72 Posts
EVUCSR said:
You wouldn't have lost 5$ Remember that all the networks are included in the base, which use to cost an extra 6.95 on the old package, so you would actually be saving 1.95.
Actually....the networks were 5.95 on the old package and as Ken said I didnt need them. Why would I need US Nets when I can watch CTV or Global and get the same stuff :)

Being a southern subscriber, I can get plenty of locals via OTA, Dish, or Free to air.

And I didnt go to analog cable, I went to StarChoice

·
Registered
72 Posts
trellaine said:

Thanks
The audio is the same on the SC channels on the 315...nice & loud :)

·
Banned
960 Posts
Tanks

Tony M said:
The audio is the same on the SC channels on the 315...nice & loud :)

LOL at "nice and loud" :D I hope when I get hooked up to my 500 there won't be too much audio differentiating. (is that a word) ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
EVUCSR, Are you a share holder in Bell Canada? if you have any cloud with Bellvu-Express, advise them to teach their personnel some basic "TQM" (Total quality management) Teach them how to talk to their clients, Especially over the phone while they are supposedly helping you with information or advise on their service! Where I am from a paying customer still likes to feel appreciated! after all, I am sending MY money to THEM!
No company is indispensible, no service I can not do without!!!!! believe me when I tell you that I am just as happy without Bellvu-express and $ 59.60 ahead every month!

R R

·
Banned
509 Posts
reneritter...............u took the words right out of my mouth...if these people were capable of reasoning, they would have one more customer...I went to rogers, and am kicking myself for not going earlier.....every issue i have gets resolved without hassle...ALWAYS in my favor...................

·
Registered
354 Posts
I was an Expressvu single receiver for a number of years. The service was fine. I paid my bill, they sent good programming value. I think we called only to change our programming once or twice during that time..

When we decided to upgrade to HD and also add an additional SD receiver, we decided that the new SC DSR530 best met our needs. I knew Expressvu demanded 30 days cancellation - no problem. But when I got switched to the Expressvu saves CSR - what unprofessionalism. Running down a competitor's product is bush league all the way. I'll decide how I'll spend my money (well actually me + my better half) - not some employee of a company I pay $$ to.

I came away with a big distaste for Expressvu and will be in no hurry to consider their offerings in the future.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I lost it today with Bell...

After 6 months they couldn't correct the problems with billing. Eventhough it's clearly on my receipt and doesn't mention it's only for the 3100, they rejected the programming credits I asked for!?!?!

I'm done with this. I'm thinking of Rogers or Starchoice.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
STILL waiting to get my $3 charges back!!!

Well in started in March......$3 added to bill. I called and they said it was there mistake and it will be corrected next bill.

In April I had a $3 charge again! On top of that they charged me for a PPV movie which was supposed to be free. So I called them again. After wasting an hour......"It will be corrected next bill sir. You will be credited for both $3 charges and the $9.99 PPV movie"

May bill comes in. It now credits $3 under a "price guarentee adjustment". Where's my $(3*2+9.99)1.15?

I am getting really pissed off. I am wasting my time again and again. How friggin hard is it to make a credit [email protected]!

I am now getting very close to saying.......fine.....you guys keep the $18.39 and I am cancelling my Sympatico and phone bill and changing my EVU from $90 to the basic $25. I will go to someone who cares.

Don't bother saying email the exec email at bell because I emailed twice with absolutely no response.

Anybody has any suggestions because I am getting tired of this $hit.

·
Registered
87 Posts
bell bundle

I am on a bundle with Expressvu, high speed and Mobility.

Is it a mistake that my Xpressvu bill went up $3.00 ???

I thought that since I bundled I also contracted for two years so why the increase ??? :confused:

101 - 120 of 2633 Posts