Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
the only rant i have about expressvu is the lack of channels. compared to rogers a lot of channels are missing, some (i.e. MSNBC, discovery wings, TMN on demand) were never even added despite the obvious demand for them. all i hear from BEV are excuses instead of solutions. i'm seriously considering switching to rogers digital cable. it may cost a little bit more every month but at least i'll get more programming and more choice, especially since rogers is already carrying fox news for 6 months. fox news, MSNBC, discovery wings, TMN on demand are not even on the horizon with BEV.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Ok, remember my post about the multi-switch fee $85 that appeared on my bill from nowhere? after a 2 months "investigation" these idiots finally refunded it on my recent statement.

Just when i thought i was through running around and calling bell, trying to figure out how dubious charges appeared on my bill, now i have found another charge: satellite care package at $5.95 a month. i know what it is and i NEVER ORDERED IT! and yet it's on my bill.

It happened before, this satellite care package. shortly after i signed up with them this charge showed up on my bill. i called them and they cancelled it. now it appears on the bill again. and i thought rogers had the tendency to add **** that i never even ordered. bell is worse!

It's the third time in 7 months that i discovered they're bill me for something that i never ordered. just what kind of incompetent idiots are working there?! i just feel sorry for all the people out there who pay their bills automatically without carefully going over the charges, or those who are on pre-authorized payment plans, letting bell and other companies practically steal from your bank account.

·
Registered
383 Posts
EVUCSR said:
That's still better then most cable companies. I remember paying for cable when I lived in Ottawa, it was 40$ plus tax for the basic per month and I think I got cnn and discovery with that. And this was 5 years ago.

With ExpressVu your basic is 25$ and if you got one theme pack ex sports or news and learning it's only 30$ Myself.. I go with the Total TV Combo :cool:
When it comes to programming flexibility BEV is better than rogers. however, with BEV you get less channels and interactive features. for instance, TMN on bell and rogers is $19.95 a month. with rogers you get TMN on demand for free, with bell you don't. during the fall and winter months rogers added about a dozen channels. BEV added only one - fox news about a week ago.

In terms of pricing for TV and bundling rogers is competitive with bell. a relative of mine subscribes to rogers digital cable, full lineup minus adult and HD channels (except TMN HD which you get at no charge i believe), and extreme high speed internet. for that bundle, which includes 2 digital boxes, he pays $110 a month. this price requires a 2 year commitment just like bell.

I bundle BEV and sympatico HSE, which is about 1/2 the speed of rogers extreme. i'm paying $72 a month for BEV with 2 rented 3100 receivers and $39.95 for sympatico and i'm still missing about a dozen channels with BEV! without bundling and adding the missing channels my BEV price would be about $90 a month and sympatico would be $45. total: $135 a month. with bundling: $112 a month. that's more expensive than rogers!

Therefore, on low end programming, if you only need basic and a few channels, bell is probably a better value. however, if you add all the channels, you'd see that bell is actually just as expensive or even more expensive than rogers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.