Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me preface this by saying I have been a new subscriber with Bell since June. When I signed up I chose the Essentials package which includes the choice of 6 Theme Packs. Can somebody please explain to me how a reasonable person looking at this pdf from the Bell website wouldn't expect to receive LeafsTV as part of Sports 2 presuming that you live in Ontario????

Where on this advertisement does it say additional charges apply? Or it costs an additional $3 per month for LeafsTV? Why would LeafsTV even be included in the "Sports 2" theme pack if in fact it really has nothing to do with the Sports 2 theme pack?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
My info are dated from when I used to be an agent, things might have changed...

Leaft TV could be purchased individually (whithout suscribing to Sports 2) for 2.50$/month. I think that since then the pick and pay channel price changed, so it's possible that it's now 3$.
If you suscribe to Sports 2, and live in the eligible area (determined by your postal code) the channel could be added for 1$/month.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I just got off the phone after waiting 40 minutes and it's $3/month to add it. But the point is this is misleading advertising. Nowhere on there does it say that Leafs TV has additional charges. I presumed that when I chose Sports 2 as one of my Theme Packs that I would be receiving Leafs TV. If it isn't part of Sports 2 why is it grouped with the other channels in Sports 2??

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
The price was the same whether you suscribe to Sports 2 or not?

When I was working there (Express Vu) the PDF was clearly mentionning that there would be additionnal fee to get Leafs TV (see previous comment), but I agree that this PDF doesn't mention those fee

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I spoke with the supervisor or whatever and he was completely unreasonable. He basically told me it is what it is, challenge it with the CRTC if you don't like it.

So maybe I will do just that. What a company. This is the first time I've been with Bell in 10 years and I'm now remembering why I left.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
You can also send a complaint to the Better Buisness Bureau...false advertising, charge not clearly displayed

·
Registered
18 Posts
I went through the same thing last year with Bell, they blamed the Leafs for raising the prices and it was out of their hands, i called bullsh*t and cancelled the channel.
Going to the CRTC and complaining will get you nothing, who do you think is running the CRTC, former Bell and Rogers executives that's who.
The one thing i find strange this year is there is only 12 games on Leafs TV, if i remember correctly wasn't there like 22 -28 games last year on Leafs TV.... funny how the price hasn't dropped.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm in a LeafsTV market, and I haven't subscribed yet (still debating), still watching LeafsTV games on the Centre Ice free preview... (in HD no less). That said, if the games are still $1.99 online, I'll probably go that route, depending on what team they are playing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
LeafTV used to be $1.00/ month with the Sports 2 pkg . Then they raised it 200 percent to $3.00/month, It's not because I can't afford the $3.00 it's the principal of it all that BELL and MLSE are lowlife money grabbing scumbags. Just do what I do and watch it online for FREE.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Lol @ Zodiac
$1 to $3 is not "200%"

To OP
Yeah it is strange, I had Rogers (up to last year) and they include Leafs TV for no extra costs (but then again they also don't have 3 separate sports theme packs to rip us off with)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts