Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to watch todays Leafs game on Leafs TV but it seems it not broadcast in HD. On Rogers 500, Leafs TV HD, it's still blacked out. 414, Leafs TV SD, shows the game. Do they only broadcast game in HD during the regular season?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Yes! No Exhibition games are show in HD (only SD) until the regular season...

I love the fact this topic comes up every year, lol

·
Registered
938 Posts
Yes! No Exhibition games are show in HD (only SD) until the regular season...

I love the fact this topic comes up every year, lol
Might want to give your cable company a call Musashii..... just saw HD highlights on TSN from the game. And is listed as LeafsTVHD and NHLNETUSHD on the NHL schedule.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Well the game wasn't in HD for me, it just says off-air on my guide and blank... I always thought LeafsTV never showed any pre season game in HD, only the regular season... at least that's what it has been for the last few years.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I am willing you bet you have seen your last SD preseason NHL game... Sportsnet, TSN and now LeafsTV are doing all HD games now... Also, with DOME launching a 7th HD truck this fall, all games can be done HD now.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I just checked and the next two days that the Leafs play on LeafsTV, my guide for the HD channel says off-air...

Should I be calling up Cogeco?.. did any other provider tonight actually get this game in HD?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's been three games now on Leafs TV and none were in HD on Rogers. Is there anyone with Rogers getting the Live games in HD?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I found there was one game broadcast originally on Leafs TV that was on Channel 500 (HD) as well as the normal Leafs TV channel (SD). Sportsnet carried the first pre-season game, I believe, and it was on the HD Sportsnet channels. TSN carried the remaining game and it too was in HD on TSN. When the games get rebroadcast on Leafs TV, it tends to be SD only. Or so it seems to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts