Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to the forum and honestly just registered so I can ask you guys this question. The answers probably right under my nose.

Now that sportsnet 1 is in the spot of hdsports where do I go to see my leafs games shown on leafs tv in hd on Shaw Direct?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm on the Advanced channel lineup and have two seperate HD channels for each. SNET1 on 309 and HDSPT1 on 398 with the guide saying leafs at sabres tonight at 7 ET on it.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
....hmmm

Despite as much as I hate to admit it, I'm thinking about maybe getting LeafsTV this year....

Has anyone researched it? Wondering how many games will only be on LeafsTV, vs the other channels (TSNs,Sportsnets, CBC)

I must be blind, but I looked on Shaw Direct's website, and couldn't even find the cost.... (I think it used to be $1.99/month)

*** Did some more digging - Leafs TV is $4.99/month..... I assume Leafs HD would just get the games broadcast in HD **** - not sure if it's worth $5/month for me.

Thanks,
Peter

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
There is only 12 games scheduled on Leafs TV this season. Most of them in the first half of the season.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
If you have the HD Sports pack, then I don't think that you need to subscribe to Leafs TV to watch the games in HD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
just got off the phone with Shaw Direct - she states they DO NOT offer Leafs TV in HD - so, I am paying $4.99 a month for channel 466 (Leafs TV SD)

What's the deal here? can we get Leafs TV HD or not?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
You can not get the whole channel in HD but they do show the Leafs live games that Leafs TV carries on a special channel. 398 for the advanced lineup and 454 for the old lineup.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
So I sign up yesterday afternoon for Leafs TV so I can watch their run at getting a 5th straight win......

Watched the games against the isle's on 454 in HD. and they lost.

Interesting.... they did a TV time out, and never saw the commercial for that spot... just a shot of the players standing around, and a close up of some trainer.....

I'll probably keep the channel for at least 60 days and re-evaluate at Xmas.

P

·
Registered
103 Posts
Interesting.... they did a TV time out, and never saw the commercial for that spot... just a shot of the players standing around, and a close up of some trainer
Yeah, it looked like for the first half of the game LeafsTV had the "wild" feed going. Someone finally woke up and commercials popped on during the second period. Always a weird thing to watch.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I beleave leaf games on leafs tv hd are wide screan only not hd. as that is what a csr told me last year when they gave me a courtesy call and i complained about the lack of 5.1 suround on some of the hd channells and hd center ice channells

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I beleave leaf games on leafs tv hd are wide screan only not hd.
You are not correct in you're beliefs, the game was in HD last night on Leafs TV HD and with the new 630 receiver the picture was outstanding, it is pretty much as close you will get to an OTA picture. Also, just for your information all of the regular season games but one last year was in HD, and the one that was not was due to camera issues at a visiting arena. The preseason games last year were in SD, so maybe that is what you remember.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I agree with QCK, the broadcasts are certainly HD and I'd argue that its the best looking HD around (hockey-wise at least). As much as I hate the Leafs, I'll admit that the Leafs TV broadcast may be the best around.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts