Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing lot's of research and grabbed an awesome plasma. But
I see the only way to get good benefits from LED/LCD is if it's a LED with full
array with local dimming? is that correct? Also I go to FS and am buying my panny plasma, I see salesmen talking and conning old people into saying how LED is much better in contrast than LCD ( and I am thinking what the hell, LCD is a LCD) and they don't even have any LED's with local dimming and full array. So I heard that a LED with no local dimming is the same picture as a high end LCD, So I can here this FS sales guy talking about the contrasts in the millions and 20 times better than a CCFL LCD, Also He suckered the guy saying he could get a 240hz LCD over a 120hz LED by saying the more the HZ the more it reduces blur, I heard up to a 120hz is enough and 240hz makes no difference, so the guy got suckered into buying a 120hz LED with no local dimming and even grabbed a 150 dollar HDMI monster cable in which they offered me but I said their is no difference between a 5 dollar one and the 100 dollar ones they have, and all they can say is trust me they make a difference, I said no they don't like 5 times and I even schooled them and they just say trust me lol.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
The hyperbole and misrepresentation of big box retail salespersons has been covered many times in this forum so I am closing.

Please see existing threads, especially in the shopping forums.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.