Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having major anxiety over choosing a new TV and I am pleading for help. I am torn between the LC60E78UN (LCD) and LG60K550 (Plasma). Both of these units are priced similar and I need to pick one up within the next couple weeks I will be using the TV for HD, SD, Blu-Ray, Wii, and occasional PC. The room it will be living in gets decent light, but I can draw the blinds when needed.

I have gone through pages after pages of posts in this forum and have come to the following roadblock;
Viewing angle is very important in my situation and this LCD has sub-par viewing angles.
It will be a multi purpose display and I am worried about burn in with plasmas.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Greetings

Turns out that Sharp LCD sets have pretty much the worst viewing angles of all the LCD units out there.

LG and Panasonic have the best. Not as good as the Plasma ... but notably better than the rest of the LCD pack.

The Sharp also is the worst out there for tweakability and worst yet, many of what tweak controls there are ... do not work right. If you care about anything close to getting an accurate image, the sharp should be avoided.

regards

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the great help guys. I guess it is coming down to my paranoia over burn in. I feel comfortable now and think I'll go with the plasma.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Greetings

I've had plasma sets for years in both well lit rooms and darkened rooms. Never an issue with burn in because I use the set responsibly. Is that really so much to ask a person. Use it responsibly.

Watch 2 w/s films with bars for 4 hours ... and then exercise the tv with full screen material for 15 more minutes before shutting off the tv. I set the sleep timer and just head off to bed.

regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts