Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found it strange that the US Open tennis final last night wasn't being broadcast on any of the analog cable channels? Was it only availabe on the CBS HD west coast feed? My parents were flipping around like crazy trying to find it with no luck.

Usually, these kind of events are simsubbed to death by local networks - I guess not this time around.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Rogers? SC? Bell? Videotron?

We don't all have the same service...

Yes, I know it says you have Rogers in your location. It would be helpful to have the provider in your post title. Actually, this should probably be in the Rogers section...

·
Super Moderator
56,823 Posts
It was moved here by the admin, but I'm going to leave it here since it seems there was only one channel carrying it on Rogers, but perhaps it'd be good to know if other providers had other channels carrying this programme. It is possible it was only on the timeshift channels, in which case it should have shown up in the timeshift SD channel (say around channel 147 on Rogers)

It is possible that it wasn't on any of the analogue channels 1-70 or so.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Was the west coast broadcast delayed? If it was, then the programme would have been over in the east...
The west coast feed on Rogers out of Seattle was live.

Thank goodness, it was a joy to watch Roger look like what he is, the greatest player to ever pick up a racquet

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I get WNLO-HD over the air, but I didn't even think to look there - I got home and turned on WIVB at about 6:30 and in place of the CBS News, they have some program on the Aud being torn down.

Gee, it sure would have been nice for WIVB to let people know what to do by putting up a crawl every few minutes. Maybe they did at the beginning but I'm sure I'm not the only one who got home in the middle of the match hoping to see the end of it.

·
Super Moderator
56,823 Posts
...and the possible reason why it was seen by someone in Ottawa (post 6) was because the station was not simsubbed, as it probably was in the GTA?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was lucky to be watching it on BellTV in HD, the U.S. network we get in Burlington is from Boston. They never seem to bail out on network programming for local stuff (unless they decide to run a Patriots special or something).

Of course being with Bell also meant I was subject to numerous Blackouts due to weather and Bell overstuffing their satellites with useless simsub hd programming, but that's another story...

·
Registered
322 Posts
...and the possible reason why it was seen by someone in Ottawa (post 6) was because the station was not simsubbed, as it probably was in the GTA?
More likely that CBS-Detroit showed it, and that's the CBS affiliate they get in Ottawa. (at least on Rogers)

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
It was only aired, mostly, on CBS O&Os. CBS Boston aired it. Although CBS stations in Jacksonville, Buffalo, Houston, Tampa Bay, San Diego and Albuquerque didn't air it. Obviously there was more that didn't air it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts