Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Funniest thing is that I prefer the simulated 3D version (simulated by Sony 46HLX909 XBR. I'm reviewing) over the true 3D. Less aliasing and crosstalk on the simulated version, clearer picture and much better depth (although there is nothing 'coming out' from the screen)

·
Registered
295 Posts
I wasn't able to get my hands on a pair of the cheapy 3D glasses before the show aired last night so I recorded it on my PVR.
I found an old pair of 3D glasses from a few years ago from when Discovery Channel was having their "Shark Week". They are Red/Green glasses and do not work for this show.
Is this because the Anaglyphic technology they used for the Dino show used Red/Cyan?

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Yup

Even SharkWeek, depending on the year have also used Pulfrich 3D (one lens darker than the other, so when an object moves horizontally, the brain interpret it as 3D)

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Watched about ten minutes before bed on my 67" Samsung DLP with Viewsonic active glasses. Looked pretty good. I will post a better review after I watch the whole thing tonight.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
my contact at Discovery gave me a DVD-R with the show in SD side-by-side 3D. As suspected as per my previous post (can't remember whether it's on this thread or whether it's even in this forum), the side-by-side 3D even in letterboxed SD still works!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts