Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My landline in Ontario can’t reach one specific landline in NB. When dialled I get the following msg “please enter the 10 digit mailbox of the number you’re trying to reach”.
Bell Canada has tried calling and they get the same msg, Bell Aliant can call it no problem. This started when Number was removed from Residential and added to PBX at a seniors residence.

Bell Canada says it’s a Bell Aliant issue. Bell Aliant says it’s a Bell Canada issue because they can call the number in NB no problem. However, a Rogers landline in NB cant call the number either…but a Telus landline in AB can get through

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
My landline in Ontario can’t reach one specific landline in NB. When dialled I get the following msg “please enter the 10 digit mailbox of the number you’re trying to reach”.
Bell Canada has tried calling and they get the same msg, Bell Aliant can call it no problem. This started when Number was removed from Residential and added to PBX at a seniors residence.

Bell Canada says it’s a Bell Aliant issue. Bell Aliant says it’s a Bell Canada issue because they can call the number in NB no problem. However, a Rogers landline in NB cant call the number either…but a Telus landline in AB can get through
It might be a problem in how the database dip into the Local Number Portability database is happening. Bell Aliant needs to coordinate with Bell Canada and Rogers NB to fix it. Don't take no for an answer from Bell Aliant -- even if the other carriers are at fault, Bell Aliant needs to tell them what is special about the routing for the line, and the progress of the call needs to be traced.
In any case, Bell Aliant should not be playing ping-pong with Bell Canada -- they are both owned by BCE.

·
Registered
10,652 Posts
The first thing I would look at is what has changed and who did it. There is an very high likelihood that the change is what is causing the issue and the company that made the change is responsible, both for causing the issue and for fixing it.

If they keep passing the buck, try filing a complaint with CCTS.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It could be something on the PBX’s side not decoding the “To” field correctly (assuming SIP here).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts