Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a DLP Projection TV Model #Z56DCD. I have purchased the new lamp for replacement and asked Zenith/LG Electronics for the procedure to replace this lamp. I was told I would have to have an "authorized Service Center technician" replace the Lamp because a "service remote" is required and only authorized service centers can get these "service remotes". Does anyone have information if this is correct? I have read and watched several videos on the Internet how to perform the lamp replacement (but not for my particular Zenith model). Any information will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I believe that is the simlar to mine ..it's been a while but I removed some unnecessary stuff before "getting it right". There should be a door on the right at the back of the side as you are facing it. May be one or two screw(s) there. Then I believe there were one or 2 long screws and the housing came out(NO FORCING of anything) Mount the lamp in the housing and install.
Don't touch bulb without gloves(keep oils off). Make sure you pay attention to the hookup. Put everything back in reverse.

Just look at it carefully and be gentle!:)
Found this on another site. Lost the link. It may reset the hours

If you replace the DLP lamp out of your Zenith or LG, you will need to reset the counter…otherwise you may get an annoying reminder every few days if you’re surpassed the predetermined hour mark.

To Reset:

Ensure the TV is powered on.

1) Press and HOLD the MENU button on the TV
2) Press and HOLD the MENU button on your REMOTE
(hold both these until the service menu pops up 5-10 secs max.)
3) Let go of the REMOTE button first, then release the button on the TV
4) Press and HOLD the ENTER (or OK) button on the TV
5) Press and HOLD the MUTE button on the REMOTE
(hold both until the LAMP LIFE HOURS appears on the screen)
6) Let go of the REMOTE button first, then release the button on the TV
We suggest writing your lamp hours on a peice of masking tape and taping it to the back the TV for future reference.
7) To reset the lamp counter, press SELECT (or the button in the middle of the direction arrove buttons). Hit SELECT a second time to confirm clearing the lamp counter

For certain models, you might have to tweak these steps slightly… offer your inputs!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response. It will be helpful. I have a problem maybe you can help me with. I removed the panel to access the lamp assembly. I removed the 2 screws on the lamp assembly as indicated in several "how to" guides I have accessed on the Internet. (I have not been able to find the correct "how to" guide for my Zenith DLP Model Z56DC1D - Lamp Model AS-LX50) The other "how to" guides refer to a wire handle to pull the lamp assembly box out of the TV. My box does not have a wire handle. Also - after loosening the 2 obvious screws the Assembly box will not come out. I can see 4 more screws in the "recessed tunnels" and there is also a screw up by the two black wires at the top of the Assembly. It appears what is holding the Assembly box from coming out is up where the 2 black wires are. IS THIS A PLUG-IN??
Am I supposed to "unplug" the box? It is a little difficult to reach back where the 2 black wires are? Please reply soon as I am in the middle of this bulb replacement that is supposed to be "easy" according to several forums/how to guides!!!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Memory is poor and I will know how when it comes time again. Perhaps those 4 screws?? I believe I had to reach into deep areas with screwdriver but not sure and I don't think it was 4 screws. Take a bright light and try to look more closely.
Unfortunately it was obvious once it was done but not before. If you are into the door compartment then you are ahead of my start. I looked at a lot of other areas before I discovered the door.
On second thought it may have been those 4 screws. That may be it. The tube tunnel might be so you don't lose the screws when removing and inserting the "cage" and makes it "easy". :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do the two black cords at the top of the Lamp Housing/Assembly "unplug" so I can take the Housing out of the TV? There is a screw to the right of the black wires and I wonder if I need to remove that screw? It appears what is keeping the Housing from coming out is the 2 black wires? It only makes sense that the Lamp HAS TO PLUG IN in order to work! Regarding the Lamp Counter Re-set - I understand how to re-set the lamp counter and have checked on the hours already on the Lamp - over 8,000. But I will keep your information just in case I have a problem - IF I ever get to that point! I really appreciate you answering my request. If you have time - talk to me some more. You are corresponding with a woman who needs help with this - but I can handle it if someone walks me through it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Greetings

I just did the lamp change on my Toshiba 44 inch model which is an lg. 3 screws holding lamp and two for the plug.

turned tv on and got one red light and one flashing green...then shut it off ... turned it on and lamp came on ... just fine.

regards

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the 52" model of this tv and when I replaced the lamp the plug that you see is what was keeping it from sliding out. It was very tight but was not screwed in, one good tug on the housing and it came loose.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I would 2nd the above about unplugging but I wasn't 100% sure. I don't remember screws for the plug./ So go for it! :)

POWER CORD ON TV IS UNPUGGED RIGHT??!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everybody who responded to my request for assistance. I replaced the Lamp with the new Lamp. The 2 black cords were just a "plug in" but because it was a little "tight" I was hesitant to "pull" on it. After a little "wiggling" it came loose and the rest was easy. I ordered my bulb directly from LG/Zenith (MCM Electronics). It cost $185.00 w/taxes. Free shipping. It arrived in 3 days UPS. Also had a new plug-in cord which I used. I kept my old lamp (8400 hrs) just in case I need it someday. I reset the Lamp Counter following all the various instructions I accessed from different Forums. It asked for a Password. I used 0000. I guess sometimes 1234 also works. ONLY PROBLEM is I still get the "replace lamp" when I first turn on the TV. I have went through the "resetting" process 2 or 3 times but it still shows up. The Lamp hours have been reset to Zero. DO I NEED TO BE CONCERNED I STILL GET THE "replace lamp" MESSAGE???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts