Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reaching the end of my two year free PVR rental, as well as having problems with my owned SA8300, which began losing recorded shows and was suffering from hard drive spins ups and downs every 7 minutes or so. Re-formatting would solve the problem for a few days, but the spin ups would return. After explaining these problems to the 'customer satisfaction' folks, they offered to not only renew by yearly Telecom agreement at last years prices, but to add a second free Cisco pVR to replace my aging SA8300.
I think Videotron amply deserves its number one status as JD Powers 'best Telecom company in Eastern Canada'.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Finding a drive for an SA8300 is easier said than done. Videotron has excellent customer service. However, I think their TV offering is far less than what it should be in 2015.

Bell, Rogers, Cogeco, and Telus seem to offer a lot more.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Their TV offering, especially when it comes to HD channels, in English, is terrible.
I am in Laval, in the non-modernized area. They took away the analog cable in November, to make more room to add more HD channels. So far, nothing.... we are still waiting for the 36 HD channels that were added in the modernized areas, last year.
I am looking into switching to Fibe soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts