Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Koodo has introduced a new Unlimited wireless plan which is only available in greater Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton areas.

For $35 a month, City Koodo Unlimited plan offers unlimited local calling, unlimited Messaging (Text and Picture), Unlimited Local Family Calling, Call Waiting, Conference Calling and Per-Second Billing.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
LOL @ The name. I wonder where they got the idea to use that name from. Me thinks its another carrier who registered their trade mark.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Received the Optimus One that I won from their givaway last week and signed up for this plan. Seems fine but I am not quite clear of the whole "no zone" ad when you specifically have to live in a certain area to get this.

I also heard different reports of how it works if I use this phone outside of my present city (i.e if I go to Ottawa or Toronto when I am in Montreal), their website is not very big on details

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Does unlimited really mean unlimited? Seems to me this plan might only be unlimited in the evenings.

I'm considering a BB Curve for $0 and this plan. The curve has wifi, so no data plan needed..... I don't think? I should be able to setup a POP email account and a hotmail email account, correct?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I wonder. I was on holiday in Florida a week ago, so I disabled data on my BB Torch. I did however have wifi at the place I was staying. My yahoo and POP emails worked. BBM, twitter and Facebook apps worked. Viigo, Scoremobile, Nobex Radio worked. Actually, the only one that did not work was Google Maps mobile.

But, it could be possible you need BIS in order to setup some of these apps the first time.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Hmm, ok thanks for the info. My wife's work will cover $50/month for a phone, so I want to maximize the phone/plan she can get for use in Mississauga and Oakville. I assume the Android phones will be fine with wifi and no data.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts