Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, Just got the Kobo Wireless and I'm havingtroubles connecting to my wireless network.

My network Setup:
Linksys wrt54gl 1.1 (no firmware upgrades)
WPA-TKIP
64 Character Password, Upper/Lower Case and Special Characters
Mac Filtering on.

I added the Kobo's MAC to the list and I couldn't connect. I turned off MAC Filtering and I still couldn't connect. So, I synced up and updated and I couldn't connect. I reset the unit and I still couldn't connect. Soooo....

I disabled wireless security and connected fine. Then I enabled WPA-AES with an 8 character password and I connected fine, then I changed to WPA-TKIP with 8 characters and connected fine. hmmm... So I upped my password to 26 characters and I can't connect again. I even tried 9 characters and no go...

Is there a character limit? I can't figure it out...

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
WPA passwords are limited to 63 characters. I don't know why it's failing at 8. However, be careful with special characters. While they're supposed to be usable, some devices choke on certain characters. For this reason, I stick to alpha numberic characters only. No punctuation nor spaces.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK... After reading your post and playing around this morning. I was able to get it connected with WPA2, 63 character, Alpha Numeric, Upper/Lower Case password.

Thanks for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts