Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a sub , and it's on sale. Any dislikes or issues with this sub ??

I have a small room about 11 X 20 ft .

Thanks

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I have pretty much the same sub, an RW-10

for movies and low to mid volume it sounds awesome, I have mine in a 15x25 room, with dual 5 1/4 klipsch as my main towers,
start to lean on the volume and it falls short, find the bass is louder when I turn the volume on the side of the sub down,

I have a set of dual 8" klipsh towers which used to be my mains with the 5 1/4 towers as my rear, the sub was barely noticable other than at low volume

basicly now with my big towers being my zone 2 setup and my small towers as my mains in my theater room, I'm very happy with it for movies and video games,
I mostly listen to rap, and when its loud, its far from insane bass. the bass is there but everytime I crank it up I consider more/different subs

keeping in mind my truck has 2 12's and has hit over 142db and my car has 2 10's and hit 134db, my expectations are abit higher than average. I like my teeth to vibrate :)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve ! Sounds like it should meet my needs :)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked up this sub yesterday. It sounds great,and meets my needs perfectly ! :)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The good and bad news.....

I really love this sub ! It sounds like a Saturn V is launching off the ceiling compared to my previous sub. Can't wait to watch some more movies and music.

The bad...

My old 6.5 inch Mission sub was nice and small and unobtrusive
and quite tame (but it died).

My wife wasn't happy about me buying another ,larger sub.She was pretty grumpy last week before I bought it, then she saw the big black box and there were a few fireworks ! She knew I wanted a new one, but she was going to get it for me at Christmas.
So now the new sub is packed up again,to be opened on 25 December.

It's killin' me,but she's going through some life changes right now ,
and I didn't want to upset her anymore than she already is.

Ahh jeez... :eek:

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
LOL. I get similar complaints about the size. I've had an RW-10 for about 8 years. This is a very good sub but a bit large and pricey. OTOH, it can make furniture move when turned up full. Klipsch got a bad rep for their subs but it wasn't for this model. At the time this was purchased, I tried an RW-8 and it was a piece of garbage in comparison so don't downgrade to appease the wife. ;)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't worry , no downgrade planned. I picked it up for $300 ,which I thought was a good deal.
She's mellowed a bit.I told her she doesn't have to Christmas shop for me now ;) .

..and it's amazing what flowers and a bottle of wine can accomplish..:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Those line of klipsch subs are pretty good. I have the older RW-10 model. I saw recently at London Drugs the 12" version, the Klipsch RW-12D sub on sale for $499.99. I can only imagine the output of that guy, especially for that price.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well,well.. My wife decided to let me open my Christmas gift early.
I'm now enjoying the RW-10D :D .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts