Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Not In PEI

Hope this announcement spurs the Empire Theatre chain in the Maritimes to offer this movie. So far it has been unavailable in PEI nor can I find a theatre showing it in either Nova Scotia or New Brunswick. Wouldn't it be embarassing to Empire if they've overlooked a best picture winner? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last years winner(Hurt Locker) had a very limited release and thus a small box office.

I'm sure it did much better on home video.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Saw this yesterday. Fantastic movie. If Colin Firth doesn't get a best actor nomination, it would be a huge oversight. I don't normally enjoy period films but the subject matter here was very compelling.

I think this movie will play better in Canada than the U.S. but the story is excellent regardless of your knowledge about the monarchy. I thought the little girl who played young Princess Elizabeth was very well cast. She didn't have much screen time but she really did look like a young Elizabeth.

·
Registered
46 Posts
King's Speach

The only theatre showing it in the maritimes, that we are aware of anyway, is at the Oxford in Halifax. Well worth the trip in from the Valley for my wife and I. Best movie we have seen in a long time! (My wife suspects it's being held for a re-release when it wins best picture).

·
Registered
138 Posts
I saw it at the Silver City complex here in Ottawa on Boxing Day. It was early afternoon and showing in one of their mid size theaters but the theater was probably about 90% full. There were definitely a lot of people wanting to see this movie.

·
Banned
262 Posts
Hope this announcement spurs the Empire Theatre chain in the Maritimes to offer this movie. So far it has been unavailable in PEI nor can I find a theatre showing it in either Nova Scotia or New Brunswick. Wouldn't it be embarassing to Empire if they've overlooked a best picture winner? :rolleyes:
It would certainly be ironic, considering the theatre name.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts