Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of today, Channel 204 KCTS HD feed is missing from the HD lineup on my Motorola 6412. I've done a search, but there is nothing current/recent about this.

Anyone have a sense of what's happening? thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine still works too, although there is something wrong with the guide data update, I just rebooted my box today and it still says 'To Be Announced' for all times on KCTS after about 3 hours. It has done that before too..

·
Registered
953 Posts
We had a cable outage on Monday for most of the day. Initially, I rebooted my box just to be sure, but the cable finally came back on around 6:30PM.

Since then I have no listings for 204 (KCTS) either, in fact it doesn't even list the call numbers beside the 204, just nothing. It's the only channel that didn't 'repopulate' after the reboot.

I haven't tried another re-boot yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have this problem here in Vancouver. I rebooted because I was suddenly getting nothing on channel 38 except a please wait/signal will be coming shortly... message, which the reboot fixed. Thereafter there have been no guide entries for 204. Rebooted again and ditto.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same problem here in Kelowna. The guide information and station call letters for channel 204 disappeared last week after a power outage and they haven't returned, yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem here - just purchased and setup my new Pace Summit HD cable box last night. Thought it was perhaps a problem with the new setup.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
My info is no longer present past Jan 21st at 10PM. Not sure why this would happen unless the guide info has stopped updating completely for that channel.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Still good here. Maybe it's a case of the guide running out of data since the last time it updated for each person. If I scroll forward a few days the guide goes TBA for KCTSD while other channels have guide data.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Have any of you thought of calling Shaw instead of just saying "I have the same problem here".
The problem is that Shaw does not have control over the the Shaw schedule. Contacting them might not even accomplish much especially if you have to wait on hold for 30 minutes or more.

I just bought a PVR expander and I am getting the same thing now as well. Does anyone know what company controls the updates for the schedule? I think if people send emails to that company it would fix the problem more quickly.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Well, Shaw does provide it to us...so Shaw should answer for it. They would need to put pressure on thier supplier to fix it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've sent Shaw an e-mail. I'll let you all know when I get a reply.

*EDIT*

WOW fast reply!

Thank you for your email.

This problem is a known issue nationally that is being looked into and worked on. It should hopefully be resolved soon, and we appreciate your patience in this matter.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've also found out that any previously set series recording schedule (eg. "This Old House") and favorite channel list that's associated with PBS HD will be removed automatically as well. Have to add it back to the favorite list and series recording schedule manually again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts