Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ATLANTA, September 23, 2010 – JVC U.S.A. today introduced a low-cost home theater projector that for the first time provides advanced D-ILA technology at an entry-level price. The new projector, to be marketed as the DLA-HD250 by JVC Consumer and the DLA-HD250Pro by JVC Professional, is priced below $3,000 and delivers 25,000:1 native contrast ratio and 1,000 ANSI lumens brightness.
I know ... "old" Cedia 2010 news ... but they are officially shipping starting today. I should be getting mine in time for the weekend :)

· Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, its true its just RS10 (or RS15 without frame interpolation) re-released but the price point is pretty amazing. I was going to hold out for an RS40 (releasing sometime in November) but decided not to wait for it and save a few bucks. I figure 3D technology will get better and I'll probably get the upgrade bug in 2-3 years from now.

I've only put on about 5 hours total on it and I'm pretty impressed. Black levels are great and while not as sharp as my DLP ... its still pretty sharp. I never knew that lens shift would be so useful (never having had it before). Also another plus is that the unit is so silent!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.