Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm going to make the jump, With Aliant's new pricing, the fact that i get 3 months at $99 and Rogers telling me i was receiving a $5 discount that i was not eligible for therefor my bill will increase by $5 it is now cheaper to go to Fibreop I can't wait to have it installed. Has anyone else made the switch from rogers to fibreop and kept their rogers telephone number? was it a hassle? looking to hear how the experience was.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did it, canceled my rogers and aliant is comming on the 17th of sept to install Fibreop HD Advantage, home phone and 25/2 internet

·
Registered
463 Posts
Nice one!

I was SOOO happy when I made the switch - I didn't come over from Rogers, though - I was with Aliant for home phone and internet (barely getting 3Mbps on ULTRA at my house in Centennial Heights), and Bell for Sat TV.

The PVR from Aliant takes some getting used to, so be patient with it... I love the 25/5 (not 2 like you stated.. just a typo ;) - the other is 10/2)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does watching several HD channels at the same time affect internet performance (2-3 sets watching HD channels)? This is probably a myth I picked up down the road?

I'll be in FibreOp territory soon, so I'll probably want this.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't say for certain but i believe this was only a problem with aliantTV not fibreop, since it is being delivered over fibre optics the bandwidth is considerably higher than with aliantTV which was delivered over adsl

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ditto here... two tvs, HD PVRs... no issues with internet speeds - just be sure that if you torrent, you don't assign your full upload speed to seeding - if you do, "nothing" will work - you'll have issues...

·
Registered
2 Posts
The TV's won't take up any bandwidth from your internet; the service is designed to give you your designated speeds and TV signal. It isn't like the old DSL service or Cable providers where your internet is sold as "up to" if you pay for 25/5 you get 25/5

1 - 8 of 8 Posts