Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 19 of 1046 Posts

· Registered
277 Posts
Got upgraded from BC to CC last night. Two observations (minor) till now:

1. The system status (options-6-4-7) does not show tuner status/trip count, till you move the screen to the Cancel button
2. Set a timer for 7AM-8AM record today. The timer did not fire till 7:17AM. The timer was set when the box was with BC code....will test more.

Do you think it would be a good idea to do a factory reset to flush out any BC remnants ;-)

· Registered
277 Posts
NO-CRTC said:
I only get the sinc drops with HD using DVI, component works fine. I had the same problem with other firmware versions as well.
I have been watching DVI for >4 hrs now....no drops, no issues. I had no issues with BC also. I am using a $6 DVI cable (6ft) to my Samsung HLN567

· Registered
277 Posts
cyberdex said:
Not sure if this is new with the CC code or not, but I see something in the system settings... under dvr settings there is an item called 'Reserved' with a toggle for 'on' and 'off'. The description at the bottom of the screen says that this is for setting the standby disk behavior capability.

WTF does this mean. That there is a second disk (external) capability? Or does it maybe mean to spin down the internal hdd after a period of idle?

Mine's set to 'on'
This came with the BC code. It has nothing to do with an external or 2nd HDD. What one CSR told me is that Reserved=ON, reserves space for the LOD buffer.

· Registered
277 Posts
Tim1 said:
Thanks Mike,
but how do you toggle between the catagories? I even phoned Star Choice on this and they couldn't figure it out either.
The top button on the DVR list indicates the category (sort type) : DURATION/DATE/NAME

Press the top button to toggle between the different sort types.

· Registered
277 Posts
Recording Replay Issue

Ok, here is one bug I can reproduce at will.

1. Play any recorded show for a couple of minutes (or jump ahead a couple of minutes)
2. Stop the playback.
3. Press Play from the DVR screen again. The playback will start from the Beginning of the show (no RESUME button seen the first time)
4. Stop the playback again.
5. Press Play from the DVR screen. This time the RESUME button appears. Press RESUME. The playback resumes at the location where it was stopped in Step 2.
6. Play the show for couple more minutes.
7. Stop the playback. Now steps 3-5 are observed again.

I have seen this happening repeatedly with different recordings.

· Registered
277 Posts
I would want to say that CC has been very stable for me. With BC, I was averaging 1-2 resets a day. With CC, the counter is at 4 and 3 of those were power issues.

I have LOD on and multiple timers per day. No issues with playback etc.

After I got the CC update, I deleted all prior recordings and did a factory reset to ensure that there are no lingering issues from the BC days.

To check the number of reboots (CC code only), go to Diagnostics D

· Registered
277 Posts
Reportback

All *C does at their end is get the account ready to listen to the reportback from the Receiver.

I went through this issue with the A8 and BC codes and used to keep on getting the error message of reportback unsuccessful. After a lot of tries the reportback worked properly.

You might want to do modem test. Options 6-4-9-8-8 and select modem test.

I do not think that a factory reset would help. Try unplugging the power of the receiver for some minutes and retry again. Unplug the phone jack when you do this.

· Registered
277 Posts
Factory Reset

When I got the CC code last month, the first thing I did was a "factory reset" with "erase hard disk" option. And in the last 6-7 weeks since the upgrade, I have had total 2 front panel resets.

It's clear that there are hardware and software issues with this box, but a factory reset does purge some of the old info which could be corrupting the new operation....who knows!

1 - 19 of 1046 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.