Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off Iwould like to thank everyone invovled for making this one of the best sites I have ever visited. I could really use some help on two questions I have as I am a brand new customer to Bell TV. First question is does the ITV feature for TSN Extra or CBC Newsworld actually work??? I have a 9242 and 6141 does not work on both, called technical assistance and they said it has not worked since Dec 2007, can that be possible, 10 months later still with no resolution. Secondly, I have made it perfectly clear to Bell Tv reps, or activation people that my two recievers are not hooked up to the phone lines due to the fact that we live in a townhome condo with only 2 phone jacks in the whole home, none in the family room or master bed where the two recievers are. Bell stated to me that they should be plugged into the phone lines in order to make it easier to order ppv's etc. My question is if a hit or ecm ever happens, obviously i will have to verify my customer info over the phone with Bell, but can my recievers be harmed or not work properly if they cannot upload or communicate with Bell after such an occurance. In the meantime i will look into wi-fi phone jacks, or installing jacks from Bell Home Phone division, btw i asked the rep if you want me to plug my recievers in then pay for my installation from bell home phone people thru some credit, he actually put me on hold to see if they could credit me but no dice:(

Sorry for such a long post!!!!:eek:

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you, no phone jacks are located close to receivers, and when I was asked why they weren't plugged in, I told them the same thing you did.:D You understand that the ITV functions won't work unless they are hooked up to a phone line? As far as the ITV functions being broken since 2007, I don't know....Sorry. Don't worry about not having a phone line plugged in, as we have been customers for over 5 years, and NEVER have we had a phone line plugged in...

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I agree with i hate tv, no problems not being connected to a Phone Line at all. A small drawback if you need to order a PPV but I order mine On-Line, that way you get them on ALL your receivers not just the one you pointed the Remote at.....

Receivers cannot be upgraded or anything via a telephone line.

I wasted some money on a Wireless Phone Jack, did not work if it was in a Power bar.

You may be like me and get a call from Bell Tv once a year to verify information on the receivers, no biggie.

·
Registered
103 Posts
TSN & CBC Interactive are not enabled for the 9242 & 6141 at this time, it has nothing to do with a phone line being plugged in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you people!!! dc1977 i think you are right about the phone line being plugged in, i figure the interactive features are downloaded to your reciever and has nothing to do with phone lines. As I said in my original post, Bell is aware of this problem since January 2008, and still no resolution. My guess is the current software for the recievers is not compaitable.:confused:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Those two applications have never been enabled for the 6141 & 9242, to the best of my knowledge anyways. I'm sure there will be a new software revision to correct that at some point.

·
Registered
517 Posts
unless it is specific for those model's. they are working on my 9200 and have no phone line connected to it or any of my orther IRD's

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Yes it is specific to just the MPEG4 receivers.....Hmmmm, it that a clue....?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Has nothing to do with the stb's being MPEG4. These apps took quite a while before they worked with the older dual tuners as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts