Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to find a straight answer to this question: Is there any way to play iTunes music playlists on the WD TV Live Media player? I can play individual files, but I can't figure out the playlists. I've seen the same question in several other forums, but no one seems to have the answer.

Knowing the "iEmpire", I'm afraid I already know the answer, so if not, any suggestions for a media player that will? I just need something fairly basic that will play iTunes playlists as well as videos from my PC. Does not have to be wireless since my router/modem is right near the home theater and I have a wired connection over to the PC.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
235 Posts
No need to spend a bunch of cash getting an AppleTV and time transcoding your movies to support it..

just Google iTunesExportUI .. it generates a .m3u playlist from your iTunes play list which is compatible with most everything.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Downloaded iTunesExportUI and it's very easy to convert the XML playlists to .m3u. Unfortunately, now the WD TV Live sees the .m3u playlist, but then says "This file is empty" or something like that. Just the latest in a long list of 'quirks' with the WD TV.

Anyway, thanks bdoyledimou!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.