Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My main PVR is connected via HPNA, I suspect this contributes to a problem where if I try to watch a recording that is in progress from the other box it sometimes stops, then has to reload all the recordings, or pops up a "press ok to view other recordings" without actually interrupting viewing or indicating that anything is wrong. Please see http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=1167959#post1167959 for further info.

Now the reason for this thread - With the latest update and adding the ability to pause etc on the secondary boxes I seem to run into this problem all the time. I would suspect it's because the stream now goes through the main box (over hpna) at all times.

Any idea how to disable this feature?

Thanks,
-Tom

·
Super Moderator
16,883 Posts
My suggestion would be to fix the underlying problem, which is the cable connection. Either call your installer (if you still have his card) or call Telus. They may have to run new cable.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Going to try and dodge having to call Telus if at all possible, always such a PITA to get anywhere with them.

What occurred to me after posting was that I could switch the boxes around so that the secondary box is on the HPNA, and the central PVR box is wired up on ethernet. I avoided doing it this way before because its the main TV that is downstairs and on the HPNA, IE where we really wanted the pausing of live TV etc. Now that this can be done everywhere I can easily flip the boxes around, put the PVR on the ethernet network.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue since the HPNA will more or less only be used in one direction, for one stream, at any given time.

·
Super Moderator
16,883 Posts
When you reconnect the coax, tighten the cable finger-tight, then an extra eighth-turn with a wrench. Otherwise you will have signal problems. You may want to double-check the other coax connections.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts