Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping this post is in the proper forum -

Any general comments on the worth of ISF calibaration would be appreciated.
And, if anyone has had experience with a firm which operates in the Lower Mainland (Vancouver Area) I would be most interested in their recommendations.

Many thx - Steve

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
General comment first, there is a tremendous difference between a properly calibrated set and one that is "out of the box".

One word of caution, not all ISF certified calibrators are created equal. Get recommendations and talk to any potential calibrationists first.

If you are looking for the top dogs in the field, check out Lion AV.

·
Super Moderator
56,528 Posts
Do an advanced search using "calibration" limited to thread titles. You'll find plenty of threads (mostly older) discussing this topic. You may also wish to try "calibration vancouver".

Also, please put your location and service provider into your UserCP Profile (location). It'll help us help you in future.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I've had Michael TLV calibrate my Samsung HLR 6178 when he was in the GTA last October and it looks wonderful. Michael is a great guy. He really knows his stuff. He takes the time to tell you what he is doing and answers every question you throw at him. He even gives you your own demo dvd to fine tune your HDTV later on down the road if you get a new dvd player or if the settings drift a bit. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
42 Posts
ISF Calibration - Toronto

I am interested in how much an ISF calibration would cost for a 42 Samsung DLP and if there is anybody that knows who would do such a thing in the GTA.

Thanks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
MichaelTLV

There is a member on this forum--his name is Michael, his handle is Michael TLV. Do a search for him.
Anyway, he does (or at least did a few years a go) a cross-Canada traveling road show, visiting customers in major cities and doing calibrations. Not sure if he still does, but it was a good experience and a very nice person as well.

Good luck,
Mik

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking for someone to configure/calibrate in-home setup?

Hi,

I remember reading a post or two from a member who went on site help configure/calibrate your environment for a small fee.

I've searched throughly through the forums and I can't see to find the post.

Does this jog a memory for somebody. I remember reading several positive comments about this person...I wish I bookmarked that duh me...

SP

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
57 offers this service, although he is on vacation right now.

I believe forum member JohnnyG also offers this service.

You don't have your location in your profile. Both 57 and JohnnyG are in the GTA area.

EDIT: Forgot about Michael TLV. He does road trips so depending on schedule and availability that might be an option too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
ISF Certified in Ottawa?

Just wondering if anyone in Ottawa can calibrate a Panasonic TH50PX75? If so, please message me with a price.

·
Registered
82 Posts
ISF Calibration in Oakville/Toronto Area?

I'm looking to have my Hitachi 57T500 professionally calibrated. One thing in particular I'd also like corrected during the calibration is overscan. I estimate it's currently at around 8% and I'd like to get it to around 4% which I'm told should be the maximum one should go without distorting the picture too much. I just find too much of the screen is cut off.

In addition, I want to make sure that the TV looks good in HDTV. I have an HDTV receiver connected via a HDMI cable.

Can anyone suggest a local professional for calibration services? Thanks

PJStyles

·
Registered
19 Posts
TV Calibration -- Windsor

I am looking to get my Panny plasma calibrated. Not having much luck locally. I have found 2 others locally who also want calibration. One has a projector, the other plasma.

I would like to solicit other people locally that would like similar service. Maybe we can get enough interest to bring someone in.

Also I would like to hear from calibrators...how many minimum for a road trip and how much. I do not want to violate forum rules so you can PM me.

slouch

·
Registered
71 Posts
Windsor Calibration?

Let me know if you find somebody in Windsor to calibrate your set, and how much they charge you, and of course the job they did.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Who can calibrate a Pioneer 5080 professionally in Toronto?

Any one know of a quality calibrator that will do a good job on the Pioneer 5080 in Toronto?

I have heard Johnnyg(?) before but there is no response from my PM to him for the last 5 days.

Thanks.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
JohnnyG does not calibrate sets anymore.

Check the ISF imaging site to find calibrators in your area or ask the retailer you bought your set from. Any good A/V retailer typically has one or two guys on staff or on call that can do the work.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts