Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of years ago, I found TigerDirect to be a great place for deals on many computer and CE items.

Now I find them very pricey. A Dlink DNS-323 is $209 while Best Buy has it for $140. A Blue Snowball Microphone is $119 but at NCIX is $85.

Hard drives are much pricier than my local shop.

Is it just me or have other people found them to be more expensive now?

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
No I have noticed the same thing. Even their shipping rates have gone up. Take anything small and look at how ridiculous shipping rates will be.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
They are quite a bit more expensive than local vendors and NCIX from what I have seen lately.

One thing I just noticed as well. They have an eVGA Geforce GTX 470 that shows a list price of $461.99 and is crossed out. When you add that item to your cart, you see it's $359.99. Seems to be one heck of a sale, but if you look around, you'll see that it's only slightly cheaper than other places (and shipping would definitely put you over).

...on a related note, if anyone is selling you a GTX 470 for $450+, you're being ripped off.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
As long as I have remembered (or rather, since I began shopping for computer parts online.. so like.. 2004?) TigerDirect has always been pricier.
And I've never bought from them for that reason. I've used just about every other major online computer site, but not TD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts