Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just got a Samsung UN55C7000 3D TV and subscribe to Shaw. I know they offered a couple NHL Games in 3D but is there anything else out there without it being Pay per View? (My Shaw bill is already over $100 a month...:rolleyes:)

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
Yes
Get a PVR. Next time there is an 3D event, chances are Shaw will have it and you can record it. The Masters is coming up and I expect it to be 3D again.

They had the soccer World Cup and the Heritage Classic in 3D (CBC's Heritage classic 3D had a better announcing team than the main broadcast :confused:)

As for VOD movies, I couldnt tell you.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes
Get a PVR. Next time there is an 3D event, chances are Shaw will have it and you can record it. The Masters is coming up and I expect it to be 3D again.

They had the soccer World Cup and the Heritage Classic in 3D (CBC's Heritage classic 3D had a better announcing team than the main broadcast :confused:)

As for VOD movies, I couldnt tell you.
Gents,

Is there any List where you can find out what 3D shows are coming, when, and what Channels?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Yep, From April 6 to 10, Shaw will broadcast the 75th Masters Tournament live in 3D.* To watch, tune in to channel 301. If you don't have 3D, you can still watch — check your local listings for channel information.

*To view in 3D, a 3D-ready television, the TV manufacturer’s specified 3D glasses and an HD Box or HDPVR are required.

As for 3D in general there are some VOD from time to time that have been free for a while.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Yes some of the World Cup was in 3D and I would assume the Euro 2010 football competition too next year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts