Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked but can't find one - but is there a thread for making "wish list" suggestions?

I have two. First, an option to avoid having a good chunk of the screen covered, when in pause mode, with the text and counter telling you you are in pause mode. I sometimes want to pause to take a look at some detail of a frame. More often than not what I want to look at is covered over.

Second, an option to allow for closed captions to appear automatically when the TV is muted from the satellite receiver remote control.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I have a Sharp TV that one of the options is CC when in mute, you can maybe check your TV manual and see if that is an option on yours.

·
Registered
213 Posts
On both my 9200 & 9242 after I hit pause, I press Skip Fwd, then Cancel, and the screen clears of all the text and boxes. This works 99% of the time. Occasionally it does not work, but I have never seen any pattern that will tell me if it will work or not.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That Pause graphic is a real abomination of a design; all that's needed is a small time counter in a corner. Thanks for the tip, tvnut64. For those times when the Pause graphic persists, I found hitting Skip then Cancel before the graphic comes up prevents it coming up. Now if we can just get it to not jump 1, 2 or more seconds when hitting FF/RW from a paused state; it does that about half the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts