Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a used pvr for shaw. I know nothing about shaw pvr units and am doing it for a senior who has asked me to.
I am not sure which unit to buy but am thinking about a DCT6400 on craigslist.My understanding is that this unit has a 120gb hard drive for recording which makes it a DVR.I have the Bell pvr and I can pause and rewind ect in realtime with it as well as record ,Could some kinf soul shed some light on this for me. Does the DCT6400 do these things too... thanks for any input

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
There's no such thing as a DCT6400 per se. The 6400 series includes either the DCT6412 (120GB harddrive) or the DCT6416 (160GB) which are both PVR's. So yes, you can record, rewind, pause, etc.

More info: http://www.motorola.com/Business/US...ps)/Analog-Digital+QAM+Set-tops/DCT6400_US-EN

Just for future reference - and I realize this is your first post (welcome to the Digital Home forum!) - this topic should be discussed in the Shaw High Definition tuner and HD PVR Discussion subforum.

Hope this info helps you :)

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
A big caution is it needs to be a Shaw box. If it wasn't registered on Shaw's system, you can't get it activated. The next thing you need to confirm (if it is as Shaw box) is that the previous owner has 'released it' from their account. You can do that be contacting Shaw and having them check the serial number for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts