Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of our channels are black and we can't watch anything - not even our PVR recordings! Am I the only one or is this a problem for everyone today? We tried calling but they said it is a 50-60 minute wait for a callback!

------------------------------------------------------------------
We got our TV and Internet installed on November 8th and have had nothing but problem after problem after problem.

- Our HDTV is not HD - confirmed by a Telus technician who said that he could not do anything about it.
- Our PVR recordings stop abruptly in the middle of recording (and the settings say to end at scheduled end time!)
- Our internet and TV regularly go out of service - sometimes for hours
- Our TV picture freezes on a daily basis (and we have a brand new 42" Samsung TV) especially while watching sports.
- We signed up for the Xbox promotion and still have not received our Xbox! It has been over 7 WEEKS!!! I am now at the point where I don't think they will ever send it to us - which will be breach of contract BY THEM!
- ETC ETC ETC!

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
You don't say where you are. There have been some outages in some locations recently. The 50 to 60 minute wait suggest there are problems though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'd call tech support to find out what's going on with your outtages. The pvr recording issue is a known one and was effecting all regions of AB/BC. However, you should still be able to watch programs normally and shouldnt be experiencing internet outtages. It's not the norm. I'm in edmonton as well and havent experience outtages like you're describing.

For the xbox offer, you will need to speak with the billing department. We send out an inquiry form to the department handling it and wait to hear back, but it's entirely likely the initial agent missed a step which would delay shipment. If you feel youre getting no where, talk to the loyalty department and ask what they can do to help you. Don't forget to request credit for the time you were without service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
telus optik tv pvr stops recording

Our telus optik tv pvr also stops recording in the middle of a scheduled recording. It has me so frustrated! I switched from Eastlink to Telus Optik tv a few months ago because I liked the idea of the "pvr anywhere". We record almost all the shows we watch so we can watch them at a time that is convenient for us. But for over a month now our pvr just stops recording for no apparent reason. I have contacted telus and they say it is a known issue and they are working on it but have no idea when it will be fixed. In the meantime I have to put up with it! The only reason we went with telus optik tv was because of the pvr and now we can't watch any tv. It is so frustrating to start watching a recorded program only to have it stop at about 11 minutes into a half hour show. I have been a customer of telus internet and cell phones for many many years, but I have to say I am so dissappointed with the telus optik tv!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts