Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
It seems to be that Teletoon's nighttime schedule has so far not been improving since TaN shuttered last April with the arrival of the new AS channel. It looks so unpleasing but I know that there's some speculation about a new nighttime block being produced sometime in the distant future as many of you would know. It's been said enough that Teletoon would want to bring in much more mature fare as if there are hopes for a new nighttime block.

·
Registered
80 Posts
[adult swim] is the home for mature animation/absurd programming.

A trend that has occurred on specialty television is the abolishment of segmentation -- in other words, TV channels airing a specific type of programming 24/7. With limited exception, the expectation is you will see the same types of programs on a specific cable channel whenever you tune in. No 'blocks' for alternate audiences. I suspect it's what advertisers desire, and was the rationale for the [adult swim] channel launch to replace the programming blocks that aired on Cartoon Network and Teletoon. Putting it in line with every other kids channel operated by Corus and Wildbrain.

·
Registered
16 Posts
[adult swim] is the home for mature animation/absurd programming.

A trend that has occurred on specialty television is the abolishment of segmentation -- in other words, TV channels airing a specific type of programming 24/7. With limited exception, the expectation is you will see the same types of programs on a specific cable channel whenever you tune in. No 'blocks' for alternate audiences. I suspect it's what advertisers desire, and was the rationale for the [adult swim] channel launch to replace the programming blocks that aired on Cartoon Network and Teletoon. Putting it in line with every other kids channel operated by Corus and Wildbrain.
Well I think Teletoon is just a major dump nowadays as all they do air is crappy kid shows as well as some kid programs coming from Cartoon Network and when nighttime approaches, they air more of the same kids crap over and over like it's no big deal so I think it is time that Corus needs to sell Teletoon to another company like WildBrain despite the fact that WildBrain has only a few kid channels. Maybe Blue Ant Media would acquire Teletoon since that company does not have a cartoon channel so I was thinking Blue Ant Media would want to acquire Teletoon but who knows what will happen?

41 - 44 of 44 Posts